Collestatte is one of the first villages of Valnerina, dating back to the year 1000. There are the rests of a fortified structure and a watchtower testify that the village was a place of defence in south part of the valley.
Through the centuries, the town center has developed progressively inside the town walls. The old tower is located in the high point of the hill was reused as church tower of the Trinity Church.
The structure is characterized by testimonies of art history, in which the Pala dell'Altare Maggiore stands out dating back to 1500 (probably realised for the Giubileo) and attributable to the Alunno's workshop.
In front of the church there is the Vitali Place of 700th, with stucco decorations on the windows, similiar to those that are next the Manassei Palace.